Latin America. Sony announced its new studio camera for live productions, affordable for broadcasters and event producers who need a quality solution to have production systems ready for 4K.
"As production formats vary according to the project, we see more companies looking for a flexible way to switch, as they wish, between 4K, HD and HDR. They may continue to produce most of their orders in HD, but they know they need a future-proof solution and want to be able to respond now to projects with a 4K or HDR component," said Julio Lam, Senior Marketing Manager of Sony Latin America.
While most production companies, esports companies, religious temples and educational institutions produce the majority of their content in HD, they are increasingly aware of the benefits of 4K production and are looking for simple ways to switch to that format.
With its familiar design and operating philosophy, the Sony HXC-FZ90 will enable seamless migration at a time of your organization's choosing. In addition, the HXC-FZ90 supports HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) and S-Log3 for Sony's SR Live workflow, allowing you to use HD HDR or 4K HDR whenever you want.
Key features focused on image quality and simple operation include:
• 2/3" CMOS sensor with B4 mount enables 2000 TVL resolution
• 4K license available as a weekly, monthly or perpetual option
• Integrated HLG and S-Log3 support for SR Live workflow
• ARIA function: Automatic image optimization according to lens characteristics
• Simple integration with web CPR control via CNA-2 adapter for advanced monitoring
• Simplified cabling with prompter or PTZ cameras (e.g. ILME-FR7) via Network Trunk (Ethernet) connector
• Stereo mini-jack connector for simple headphone connection
• Simple camera operation from the front panel of the new HXCU-FZ90 CCU with features such as IRIS control and paint
• Advanced focus assist function
Thanks to the versatility of its design and functionality, combined with its robustness and light weight, the camera can be used in many different production scenarios, such as studios, events, companies or sports environments.
The HXC-FZ90 will begin shipping during the fourth quarter of 2023.