It's time to create memorable experiences, differentiate yourself and get hooked. Only in this way will you gain audiences, happy users and measurable and measurable results.
*By Juan Pablo Morales S.
There is no doubt that the future is hybrid when we talk about events. The streaming technology that, incidentally, has permeated all sectors, from being an alternative transformed to a standard; of something discretionary, in a necessary obligation.
What remains an alternative is the way in which this technology is used in relation to the methods and practices that characterize an audiovisual production. The year of abundant webinars (identical to each other), nights of home broadcasts, events with speakers without audio and in chopped planes, as well as those conversations from messy and dark rooms, is behind us.
And it is not because I say so, it is the users who have begun to dismiss content without energy and engagement, and also those who have enhanced the war for audiences, which continues its escalation without stopping. Twelve months in which the confinement continued to teach users to demand quality, rhythm, engagement and interactivity.
I present twelve keys to success for any current communication initiative, where, almost irremediably, video streaming has to be present.
1. The first, and perhaps the most important key is to make the user experience, an accumulation of memorable moments. Regardless of the type of event, the challenge of communication is to effectively deliver the message, establish a connection, engage in conversation and achieve a relationship of trust with the audience.
Without capturing the emotional attention of users, this task can be an impossible challenge to achieve. To make this possible, the best methods are the use of entertainment activities, rhythm, changing planes, using musical backgrounds, diversifying themes, jumping in voice tones and varying the speed of speech.
2. As if it were a production of a commercial film, it is essential to have a minute by minute, a clear technical ladder. The success of the realization depends 100% on it. Try to analyze and technically document all the requirements necessary for communication at each of the moments of an event. The music, the commercials, the breaks, the slides, the logos, the titles, tickers and every element that can enrich the event, must be planned in advance and the filmmaker team must study them and follow them to the letter, minute by minute, like a synchronized clock and articulated by you.
3. Each event must be started at the tip (and kept on point). It is convenient to start each event with a message of expectation, and remember it frequently. Usually users do not connect from the first minute, but are arriving, going back and forth all the time. This is why it is important to keep the audience continuously interested in a topic, in a discussion, a conclusion, or in a reward they will have by the time the event ends. As serious and momentous as your event is, give your audience a gift of entertainment.
4. Interaction, interaction, interaction. If there is something that audiences are looking for, it is to achieve mechanisms of active participation with the events, to be part of them, to appear and to star. Using mechanisms of raffles, surveys, trivia, live chats of questions and answers, scores, opinions, measurements etc. is a novel, differential and extremely valuable alternative for users.
5. Simplify, shorten, minimize (SAM). The SAM method. Ricardo Arjona is offering a concert via streaming where he will be accompanied by 30 musicians and will be illuminated by 5,000 candles. It will not be just any event, he has defined it as a ritual. The same, but different. Creativity, culture, simplicity.
6. Design. The world is tired of flat video conferences, with dark backgrounds and assistants called "Luis' Iphone". Use television production technology to enrich the visual experience, including your company brand, logos, official colors, animated titles, informative tickers. Identity and consistency are key.
7. The landing. If there is nowhere to land, the tourist will look for another destination. Try to have a mini-site for your events, which has the possibility to register users, get data, register your audience, authenticate it, send notifications and messages that remember each event. Data, sales funnels and conversion are achieved with a strategy to keep the audience connected.
8. If you're not sure about making it live, pre-record. Using pre-recorded content can make your event easier and richer. Don't intend to make your event 100% live, when in advance you can record the central part and have strategies of live Q&A sessions. Reduce risks but always try to offer interactivity between the audience.
9. Go global. The hearings are not from the territory. Look for content with speakers from abroad, they are a click away and today, it is completely normal, to have them by videoconference. New faces, new languages, other accents and points of view, are closer than ever and are immensely valued by users.
10. VOD. Start creating your video repository. A large part of the video views correspond to subsequent visits, users who want to repeat experiences and others who need to look for lost ideas.
11. Do not dismiss social media. That's where the audience is. Always try to do your live events through all your networks, unless your strategy or your message is not massive. Failing that, promotion, content clips, summaries and conclusion videos, are an active marvel that you can move through your social platforms.
12. Test ahead of time, rehearse, correct your posture, your set, your lighting, the audio. Everything is your personal and corporate brand, your reputation, your most important asset.
Everything is based on the ability to innovate, entertain and engage. Design innovative formats, invite artists, influencers, comedians, imitators, interactive drawings in real time, choreography, magicians or motivational speakers. It's time to create memorable experiences, differentiate yourself and get hooked. Only in this way will you gain audiences, happy users and measurable and measurable results.
*Juan Pablo Morales Sarmiento is CEO and Co-founder of Nuevos Medios Entertainment. You can contact him through his Twitter account @JuanPMoralesS