Latin America. Latin Press Events & Marketing presents the CALA Awards, a brand that renews the image of the TecnoTelevisión University Contest, which in previous years was awarded by TVyVideo+Radio magazine.
For this 2023, the CALA Awards unifies the awards of different industries, recognizing the most outstanding companies, professionals, and students of the industries in which Latin Press Events & Marketing has a presence, in recognition of the trajectory, innovative projects and products in the region.
With the new name of the awards, Latin Press Events & Marketing seeks to reflect its regional approach and experience for more than 30 years. The CALA refers to the Caribbean and Latin America, regions in which it has developed its events and its specialized media circulate.
It is worth noting that the CALA AWARDS BEST AUDIOVISUAL PIECE will be awarded within the framework of IntegraTEC Colombia (October 26 and 27), this seeks to recognize, highlight and motivate the work of students of careers related to the audiovisual industry. In addition to promoting research among students, the CALA AWARDS allow to show through audiovisual pieces the art of telling stories, creativity and the quality of the content.
In 2022, the winner was "Destierro", a short film presented by Diego Andrés Prieto Ramírez from the University of Tolima. The story of the audiovisual piece portrayed a man who is dedicated to the shoe store and who fights for the welfare of his 8-year-old daughter. However, this situation is complicated when he loses the money with which he was going to pay his extortionists, and he is left with the only option to seek the welfare of his daughter elsewhere.
For the ninth version and taking into account the challenges that the industry has in strengthening the creation of content, the CALA AWARDS seeks from the Contest to university filmmakers who show and give testimony with their realizations, stories on a topic of their interest, that they are passionate about, and thus they can capture in their videos the best narrative and technical qualities, that account for their skills and knowledge during their training process.
The deadline for the application of audiovisual pieces ends on Friday, September 1, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. For the election of the winner, virtual voting will be held among the five best proposals, from fifteen days before IntegraTEC Colombia, between October 5 and 20, 2023.
1. Audiovisual pieces should tell a story.
2. The contestant can choose the theme and genre they wish to address in their audiovisual piece.
3. The decisions of the jury are final. The participants, once they submit their works to be considered by a jury, assume that they have the experience and the necessary criteria to make the best choice and in the end even if they do not come out winners, they fully accept it.
1. The call is for students of higher education institutions in the Colombian territory.
2. The proposal submitted must not be older than one year with respect to the time the Contest is proposed and must not have been awarded in another contest.
3. Each participant or group may compete with only one audiovisual product.
4. The student who postulates the audiovisual work certifies that he or she is the author or the person authorized to represent the group making the audiovisual piece.
5. The finalist works may be broadcast on open television or other media, with the due authorization of the filmmakers for non-profit dissemination purposes.
The creators of the winning audiovisual piece will receive:
- Statuette of recognition.
- Article in TVyVideo+Radio magazine highlighting the profile of the winners/the work.
- A technical kit to be defined.