Colombia. Cameramen, makeup artists, sound engineers, producers and other professionals in the audiovisual industry will be able to prepare to strengthen their process of economic reactivation through 'Grandes Historias', a call that from March 24 to April 13 will receive scripts to reward the 300 best ideas with 3,600 million pesos (about US $ 935,000).
For this year, the stories must be six minutes and three modalities were opened: unitary (a maximum short of six minutes), series of two chapters and series of three chapters (each chapter of maximum six minutes). The shorts best rated by a group of audiovisual experts and the most voted on social networks will also reach public television channels.
"Colombia is now a regional benchmark in audiovisual production for its high standards of technical, artistic and musical quality, thanks to the support that the government of President Iván Duque Márquez is generating. In a historic event, we have invested 1.2 billion pesos to modernize the infrastructure of public TV, strengthen the contents and train the human resources that work for the channels," said ICT Minister Carmen Ligia Valderrama Rojas.
He added: "Our goal is to continue that support, because we know that this sector has been hit hard by the pandemic. Therefore, we will open 'Great Stories', a call that will benefit the creation of 6-minute audiovisual products with resources and with the possibility of gaining visibility on the digital screens of public regional channels. It is with facts that we show the world that Colombia is a producer of immense talent."
The winners of this call will receive two payments: 50% at the beginning and 50% when the piece is delivered and all the documentation is in order. Additionally, they must sign a permit to publish the shorts on the digital and television screens of the country's regional channels.
The goals set for this initiative in previous years were met, while great visibility was given to the productions achieved. In its two years of operation, 'Great Stories' has received 2,000 scripts from all over the country, of which 3,600 minutes of fiction have become a reality.
If you are interested in participating in 'Great Stories', you will need to enlist and submit the following documents:
- A presentation format of the project including storyline, theme, target audience of the proposal and summary of the story.
- Resume of the individual participant when it comes to modality 1. In the case of modality 2 and 3, the resume of each of the members of the group will be required.
- Literary script of the unitary format in the case of an individual participant in modality 1.
- The two, or three scripts of the chapters corresponding to web miniseries when the proposal is of a group, for modality 2 and 3.
- Documents that accredit the academic training, professional and / or work trajectory of the applicants, and / or duly issued certificate that accredits the link to legal persons constituted for the purpose of associative representation.