Account
Please wait, authorizing ...

Don't have an account? Register here today.

×

Family programming predominates on Open TV

programación tv abierta

Colombia. The CRC published a new report on the service of free-to-air television channels in Colombia, based on data reported by the concessionaires and licensees of this service.

According to Data Flash, which follows the trend observed in 2022, during the first half of 2023, family programming accounted for more than 80% of the content on the schedules of local, regional and national channels.

In this analysis developed by the CRC, it is observed, for the first half of 2023, that 81% of the programming broadcast by open television channels was of a family nature, while 8% was intended for children's audiences, 6% for adult programming and the remaining 5% focused on content for teenagers. Among the free-to-air television channels, it was highlighted that local channels reached 89% of family programming, while private national channels reached 87% in this type of programming.

Likewise, this report included information on the origin of programming for the first time, and found that 80% of the programming broadcast during the first half of 2023 was of national origin, while the remaining 20% was of foreign origin.

- Publicidad -

On the other hand, the main accessibility mechanism for the deaf and hard of hearing population provided by open television channels in Colombia is Closed Caption, with 91% in public national channels, 90% in private national channels, 57% in regional channels and 27% in local channels.

In relation to the use of institutional spaces by open television channels in Colombia, 79% was dedicated to the CRC's broadcast plan, while the remaining 21% was assigned to the spaces defined by the regulation as fixed for political parties, consumer associations, the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare and the Minuto de Dios.

With regard to Petitions, Complaints and Claims (PQRS), it is observed that petitions accounted for 39% of the PQRS received by open television channels, followed by complaints with 35% and requests with 20%. The topic that generated the highest number of requests was programming, with 37% of the total number of PQRS. In addition, a significant decrease was noted in PQRS related to information pluralism.

"With these analyses, the Commission reaffirms its commitment to the generation of valuable information that contributes to a comprehensive vision, recognizing the hard work and efforts of the sector in the construction of a diverse and high-quality open television. We invite you to consult the source data of the report and to use an interactive dashboard to carry out additional analysis on our open data portal www.postdata.gov.co," said Ernesto Orozco, Commissioner of the Audiovisual Content Session of the CRC.

Richard Santa, RAVT
Author: Richard Santa, RAVT
Editor
Periodista de la Universidad de Antioquia (2010), con experiencia en temas sobre tecnología y economía. Editor de las revistas TVyVideo+Radio y AVI Latinoamérica. Coordinador académico de TecnoTelevisión&Radio.

No thoughts on “Family programming predominates on Open TV”

• If you're already registered, please log in first. Your email will not be published.

Leave your comment

In reply to Some User
Suscribase Gratis
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENGLISH NEWSLETTER
DO YOU NEED A PRODUCT OR SERVICES QUOTE?
LATEST INTERVIEWS

Visita a MEDIA5 durante NAB SHOW Las Vegas 2023

Entrevista con MOISES MARTINI Empresa: MEDIA5 Realizada por Richard Santa Evento: NAB SHOW Las Vegas Abril 2023

Visita a LIVEU durante NAB SHOW Las Vegas 2023

Entrevista con JOSÉ LUIS REYES Empresa: LIVEU Realizada por Richard Santa Evento: NAB SHOW Las Vegas Abril 2023

Visita a LEYARD durante NAB SHOW Las Vegas 2023

Entrevista con DIMAS DE OLIVEIRA - CAMILO MADRIGAL Empresa: LEYARD Realizada por Richard Santa Evento: NAB SHOW Las Vegas Abril 2023

Visita a LAWO durante NAB SHOW Las Vegas 2023

Entrevista con Noach Gonzales Empresa: Lawo Realizada por Richard Santa Evento: NAB SHOW Las Vegas Abril 2023

Visita a IGSON durante NAB SHOW Las Vegas 2023

Entrevista con IGOR SEKE Empresa: IGSON Realizada por Richard Santa Evento: NAB SHOW Las Vegas Abril 2023
Load more...
SITE SPONSORS










LATEST NEWSLETTER
Ultimo Info-Boletin