Colombia. The third version of the TecnoTelevisión 2015 University Competition, organized by the magazine TV Y VIDEO with the support of the Pontifical Bolivarian University, is aimed at audiovisual productions on social changes and transformations based on technology. The Contest understands technological innovation as one of the ways to grow, progress, develop, which allows a certain population quality of life that is more than well-being and progress for the society we inhabit.
That is why TecnoTelevisión seeks from the Contest university filmmakers who show and bear witness from their achievements, of transformations and social changes that have arisen as a result of the application of technological innovations and have impacted regions and / or communities, providing solutions to problems and needs of people and society.
The productions will have as protagonists ordinary human beings who are invisible but who help others or have benefited from the hand of technological innovations that change lifestyles and promote the quality of life.
Definition of the theme
1. Audiovisual pieces must be focused on stories of how people, through technological innovations, generate social changes in their environment.
2. The contestant can choose the genre they want to use for their audiovisual piece.
3. The decisions of the jury are final. The participants, once they submit their works to be considered by a jury, assume that they have the experience and the necessary criteria to make the best choice and in the end so that they do not come out winners, they fully accept it.
1. The call is open in Colombian territory.
2. The proposal submitted must not be older than one year with respect to the time the Contest is proposed and must not have participated or been awarded in another contest.
3. Each participant or group may compete with only one audiovisual product.
4. The finalist works may be broadcast by open television or other means, with the due signed authorization of the filmmakers for non-profit dissemination purposes.
1. Participants must present an audiovisual piece of maximum five minutes, focused on the points expressed above.
2. The quality of the proposed works shall be assessed according to the following criteria:
Communicative innovation: creativity of the treatment of the theme present in the production.
Audiovisual narrative: creative use of image and sound through innovation and creation of new formats.
Technical quality: the final product presented must accredit a sound level and visual invoice that approves the broadcast standards of an open television channel.
Delivery of material and choice of finalists
1. Registration must be made on the website www.tecnotelevision.com. The deadline for the delivery of the works ends on Friday, September 18, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
2. The works must be delivered in a properly marked sealed envelope, three externally marked DVD copies. They must be accompanied by the technical sheet, available for download on the Contest website.
3. The place of receipt of the audiovisual pieces is in the offices of Latin Press Inc., branch of Colombia, organizing publishing house of TecnoTelevisión, located in Carrera 71 # 31 – 83, Belén Rosales, Medellín.
4. A jury made up of three experienced characters in the field of audiovisual production and realization in the country, will review the audiovisual pieces and choose five finalists. The finalists will be those who present an audiovisual piece with the best proposal in terms of communicative innovation, audiovisual narrative and technical quality according to the theme for the contest in 2015.
5. For the election of the winner, there will be virtual voting among the five best proposals, from fifteen days before TecnoTelevisión (October 28) and physical voting during the first day of the Congress in the Commercial Exhibition.
6. A representative or leader of each author group of each of the five finalist audiovisual pieces, will be invited to participate in the TecnoTelevisión Academic Program in Bogotá with all expenses paid.
7. The award ceremony will be during the first day of TecnoTelevisión, November 11, at 5:30 p.m.
8. Participation in this Contest implies acceptance of the rules of this Contest. Possible claims and inconveniences will be resolved by the Organizing Committee of said Contest.
The creators of the winning audiovisual piece will receive:
Article in the magazine TV Y VIDEO highlighting the profile of the winners and the work.
Production team to be defined.
For more information you can write to rsanta@tecnotelevision or visit www.tecnotelevision.com